Thursday, December 11, 2008

102 days

Uppity up at 6:25 am sharp. No time for even contemplating the idea of hitting that snooze button. I made a coffee and read through my notes a couple of times. I organized my thoughts for the essay that Helen read to us during the review session. I got dressed, grabbed a banana and walked briskly towards SACI. On the way, I did some memorization techniques which consists of me repeating each slide over and over until I at least think that it has sunk in.

I got to the classroom and immediately started the exam. We were given 12 slides which were either individual slides, multiple slides of one series, or compare and contrast. After 2 hours, we completed the 12 slides and were given an hour (or more if needed) to write the essay. I finished the exam precisely at 11 am. As I exited the room a huge pressure was released and I was suddenly struck with a new found energy. I went to lunch with with some friends to the central market. I then went back to my apartment, talked to mom for a second on gmail, showered, and headed to the last design class of the semester. I printed out my booklet and had it bound for SACI's records.

After class, I went home again. I packed my second suitcase and have nearly everything ready to go for when I get back from Barcelona on Monday and rearrange a few things for my main flight back to the states. I went to SACI at 6:30 and said bye to a few of my friends, went to Zecchi to buy a tube for paper stuff, and then bought a new book for spain and flights: Nick Hornby's A Long Way Down. I went back to SACI to pick up a few things and then went to the kebob place I had with Greg on the way home. I got home, devoured the kebob and began catching up on the blog entries. It has been a hectic few weeks and it feels nice to be all caught up again and have nothing at all to worry about.

I talked to Greg for a while on gmail and put some papers in the tube I bought. I drank some homemade iced tea that I made and went to bed

No comments: