Tuesday, December 2, 2008

dia 9 3

We woke up at 8:30, later than expected. We got ready and headed to the design center to put his photos on a flash drive. We then headed to the train station to get his ticket to Pisa and try and find Terravision, to hopefully get a refund for the bus tickets we bought the other day while on the flight home from Scotland. When we found where they should have been, no one was there. We headed to the Santa Maria Novella church which contains some pretty amazing artwork. One that I found fascinating was the Hell scene by Nardo di Cione (I also will use this as part of my research paper). Next up was the Accademia. Upon entering the building, however, we realized that the cost was 14 euro a person. So we took a quick glance at a couple sculptures and left.

We then headed back to the apartment and go the bags. We grabbed some pizza on the walk home so we enjoyed that before venturing the train station. We got to the station and found the bin that he needed. I helped him find a seat that would allot him enough space for the two bags. I said goodbye and the train departed. It was a pretty amazing week and one that I'll never forget. It just goes to add to the incredible experience I've had while being here.

I walked to the design center and on the way I became very tired. I guess I was just exhausted from doing so much within the last week. I went to class and did a few things on the computer before heading home. I didn't do much the rest of the evening except for relax and finish reading The Inferno by Dante Alighieri. Then I slept

No comments: