Monday, December 1, 2008

91st

We woke up and got ready for the day. I grabbed my things for class and we walked to the Duomo. We saw a sign that said that the dome was closed today and tomorrow. So we decided to climb the Campanile instead. 414 steps! We got some pretty spectacular views of the city because the sun came out for us.

We climbed down and I showed Greg a few things in the cathedral. I then had to sneak away for art history and book arts class. During lecture i spent 30 minutes sketching my hand in exact perspective. Nicely done, James. In book arts, I finished up one of my books and then headed back over to the Gates of Paradise on the Baptistery where Greg and I met back up. He told me that he walked around the Duomo, down to the Arno, near the Uffizi and around Piazza Rupublica. It was sprinkling a bit when we met back up, but I took him down to see the Ponte Vecchio. Next, we went through the Baptistery. I pointed out the things I remember about the Last Judgment mosaic on the ceilling (which will come in handy for the art history paper that is due Thursday). Afterwards, we headed to a resturant called ZaZa's for dinner. I had stuffed pasta with potatoes and greg spaghetti bolognese. We weren't super impressed but the good news is that it did in fact taste like pasta. Haha.

We went to the euro store and got a big coke and fanta and then walked through the central market shops again before heading down Nazionale towards the supermarket. We got some more beer and another bottle of wine. Why stop a good thing? We got back to the apartment and did some research on hotels for Greg when he goes back to Edinburgh. We then packed a suitcase with some of my things and then began the consumption again. We talked to mom in the dining room as we finished off our Cubans from yesterday. We opened the wine and were chillin' when I saw a mosquito across the room. I grabbed a tower and proceeded to go skeeter hunting. I would hit them with the towel with such precision that they had no time to escape. It was hilarious to do and was pretty fun. We fed a few of them to a spider that is in the dining room. He didn't like them dead.

We got ready for bed. And then we went to bed.

No comments: