Monday, December 8, 2008

n9nety n9ne

I had class at 11, so I woke up at 10 and showered, got dressed (its true) and grabbed my bag on the way out the door. We had a field trip to various locations and our meeting place was Palazzo Strozzi. I arrived at 11:03 and no one was there. I don't have minutes on my phone so I began wandering around Florence with the slight hope that I'd actually stumble upon them.

I gave up and cut through the central market back towards SACI. I bought 3 ties on the way for 8 euro. That's whats up. I went to SACI and used their phone to call Michelle. I got their location and walked back towards Palazzo Strozzi to Palazzo Vecchio. There, I found the class in line waiting to get in. I merged within the group but still managed to get a comment from Helen. It never fails, I'll tell ya. Here we saw Donatello's marble and bronze Davids. The competitin panels for the Baptistery between Brunelleschi and Ghiberti. I also saw some work by Verrocchio, whom was an amazing all around artist.

After class, I had to go immediately to book arts. I was late because Helen kept us until 12:55. During book arts, I worked on my books, most notably the catapillar stitch. I headed home after class and made chicken cordon bleu with peas for dinner. I wrote on the flashcards with some basic information about each slide. I then watched the rest of The Office, minus the last episode which froze on me.

I then slept, you know.

No comments: