Monday, December 15, 2008

Day 106: Barcelona / Florence

I woke up at 8:30, ate breakfast, and headed down to the metro station. I rode it to Catalunya and walked around until I stumbled upon the Contemporary Museum of Art. Within it, I viewed thousands of photographs of Barcelona and Barcelona's artist's photographs. After the photo viewing, I walked through the other galleries, which included sculpture and paintings. After wandering around for a couple of hours, I felt it necessary to leave the museum and get some lunch. I got Burger King (nasty).

I walked around the main plaza and then wandered towards the bus station. On the way I got some chocolate covered raisins and an assortment of other wonderful candies at a small shop. I viewed the Arc di Triomphe and then skipped along to get my place on the bus. I had to wait about 30 minutes for the bus to depart so I walked around the (s)mall that they have by the station. I boarded the bus, listened to my ipod and cruised to the airport. I went through security and boarded the plane. The plane was late getting back and then the bus to Florence was late arriving, So I didn't get back to Florence until 9 pm. Libby called and we organized a last night celebration with the entire video team. I had a couple miscellaneous drinks and then had a new favorite: Rum'n Pear. You take a shot of rum and chase it with a shot of pear juice. After a long night, I hiked back to my apartment. It was around 3 am, and I called my grandpa to see if it was worth trying to sleep a little before getting up at 6 to go to the Florence airport for my flight back to the states. After a while, I decided a quick nap wouldn't hurt.

I drifted into slumber.

No comments: