Saturday, December 6, 2008

noventa y siete

I woke up at 8:30 am. I showered, grabbed a clementine and headed for SACI to get the video camera. SACI is closed on Saturday's until 1. I ran to Heather's in hopes that I could borrow the large camera. I got it, and went to the train station to meet Mario and the fresco class. After a 20 minute delay for the train, we boarded and headed for Figline.

They presented the fresco they made to the hospital in a hallway that was probably too dark for good footage. The hospital didn't even install it, but rather sat it on a chair until 'tomorrow' in which case they would hang it. After this, we wandered around the hospital and were shown an old pharmacy that still contained medicine in the jars. It was especially spooky and extremely interesting. After about thirty minutes in here, we went to another section of the hospital for lunch. On the way they told us the story of a ghost that inhabits this particular section and will slap you as you walk through. I personally think they were just trying to trick us. Lunch was fun though because we kept taking pictures of the room in hopes of capturing the ghost on film. Maybe we did.

After the hospital business, we had to walk all the way back to the train station. It's funny how they gave us a ride there when we had the fresco, but after we presented it to them, it is as if they were done with us and told us to just walk back. Ha. We got to the train station just as the train we needed was leaving. We had to wait a half hour for the next. We got back to Santa Maria Novella at 3:30. I dropped the camera off at SACI and headed home. I spent the rest of the day relaxing, watching The Office and reading.

I went to bed.

No comments: