Wednesday, September 24, 2008

[23]

Salve! [Hello!]

Today began later than I thought because instead of hitting snooze, I turned the entire alarm clock off and slept for another hour. I got up, read some NY times, and got a shower. After getting dressed I made scrambled eggs with mortadella. I also had a glass of orange juice and some toast with jelly. I grabbed my backpack and went to class.

Today in book making we were shown different transfer techniques. I'm familiar with the xerox transfer, which allows you to convert an image from a photocopy to another page by using acetone. She showed a few that I hadn't known, such as using contact paper. You stick the paper to the image and soak it in warm water. Once the paper the image was on is completely wet, you can rub off the paper, leaving the image on the contact paper. You can then adhere that to the book or project you're working on. After the demo, she allowed us to work on our own to catch up on some of the projects. The only project I had to catch up with was the star accordion:

star accordion

It took a while to carve out each piece in order to make the three planes of the book. It closes into a regular book and can open as an accordion or all the way into a star.

After class I came home to get the names of some ingredients for future cooking ventures. I went to the supermarket to pick up some things, dropping 16 euro like it was nothing. I came home, checked some emails, and then made dinner. Dinner tonight was tortellini con prosciutto crudo. I copied Lucio's technique and added peas to the tomato sauce. It tasted very good! With it, I had pineapple juice and red wine.

tortellini con prosciutto crudo!!

After dinner, I discovered that I could create 'sets' on flickr and organize the images into their own little photo albums.

Here are the links to the sets:


Flickr1 and Flickr2

(flickr only allows you to store 100 mb per month of images, so I had to create two accounts. Once more space opens they will be updated so make sure to continue to look at both!)

Ciao!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW I look forward to having your help with Christmas dinner. We can add some new dishes to our traditional meal