Thursday, September 18, 2008

Day Seventeen Point Five

So, a few minutes after posting Day Seventeen, Vincent invited me to go out with him and his two friends. When I walked downstairs to meet them outside, I had no idea what was in store for me. We were riding bikes! I was instantly scared because I'm not so used to the Italian way of driving.

We rode our bikes all the way to the bottom of the hill at San Miniato (which I mentioned previously) and stopped at a restaurant there. Vincent and Hillary had some food, while we all split a bottle of white wine. The bottle cost 28 euro, which we split.

After this, we rode around some more, and attempted to stop a small bar that they knew of. It was closed, though, so we headed to a 'electronic' music club. They were charging a 13 euro cover charge, so we skipped out of that place in an instant. We finally headed to a small winery. I got a mix drink that tasted a little like when you mix cranberry juice and orange juice. It was good, and not strong at all. While there, Vincent's colleague left and took the bike I was using with him. Therefore, Vincent, Hillary, and I walked home. It took about 20 minutes, but it was refreshing. The night air here is so good compared to Cincinnati. I just arrived back and wanted to let you guys know of my biking rite of passage.

Goodnight!

2 comments:

Erin Gartz said...

JAMES! Hey, do you think you could hop on your magic carpet from Aladin and sneak into Cedar Point in my fanny-pack in a few weeks??? I need a ride buddy! HA HA... not that I own a fanny-pack (of course) but they are pretty sweet... ok sounds good, Ill see you then.

LOL.

Sounds like your classes are going well! Which is great. I can't wait to see more pictures of all your adventures! I had debated on packing myself into a box to sneak into Italy... Im no so sure any more with the way your luck has been going with their postal service! ha ha.

I have something for you...
Its a *high 5*

and, your welcome... ha ha

James Martin said...

haha. I love roller coasters, I have an express flight back just for the occasion. Yeah, don't trust Italy's postal service, geesh.

haha, thank you.


i hope flo is striving!