Friday, September 19, 2008

one eight

I went to bed last night at 3 am, woke up this morning at 8:15. These short nights of sleep must end, and will end tonight!

All of the people that are helping with the SACI promo video that I'm making met at Heather's at 9 am. We went over the tentative calendar and tried out each camera to get familiar with the different settings on them. After the group left, Heather helped me find some trains to Munich for Oktoberfest. For now, the estimated date of travel is October 2. I'm excited. I also had lunch there, two pastas, ham, mozzarella, bread, and wine. Perfecto!

I then went to SACI to meet up with Nicki to tell her about the trains. We looked up some eurail pass info for her, and then met in the SACI lobby for a tour of an exhibition at Marino Marini Museum. The artwork presented (mostly painting, with some drawings and multimedia) was by Jules Maidoff, who is the founder of SACI. He founded the school. (http://www.julesmaidoff.com/) We walked around, and then proceeded with a fireside chat-esque Q and A with Jules. He is very articulate and explained some work, some principles, and some disagreements with various topics.

After the exhibition, I went back to SACI to drop of the video camera (Jules was my first true taping so far for the video) And there, at last, was my camera cord! So, within the inclusion of this post, you may find the flickr link to the right updated with new pictures! (a new link is also there, so that I can show more pictures..check out both frequently) As I returned home, I finally got to relax. The initial plans were to travel to Munich tonight and spend all day tomorrow at Oktoberfest, but the lack of train availability pushed us to the 2nd, which was better because now we have more time to plan the trip. I made dinner and had wine, cleaned my room, and have spent the last couple of hours doing nothing except listening to music and uploading photos. Ah, the weekends are so nice.

And I shall rest for tonight; for tomorrow is unknown; tomorrow is mysterious; tomorrow is...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

tomorrow is saturday

Erin Gartz said...

hey, what's the story behind the picture of the REAL SKELETON!!

Also, that giant bird picture is scary! LOL...

James Martin said...

they were excavating the mausoleum of theodoric a few years ago, and came across some crypts/graves... instead of transporting them, or covering them, or doing anything slightly respectful to them, they left them there.

it's crazy. i couldn't believe it!!




the giant bird is the perfect metaphor for the amount of pigeons here... i thought i saw a squirrel the other day too, but i think it was just a small mouse/rat thing haha :-/