Sunday, September 28, 2008

dia ventisette

Today I slept til noon. Even after waking up, I laid in bed wondering when this cold will retreat. Finally, I got up and got a shower. I ate lunch, a ham sandwich with cheese and tomato.

I browsed the net for a while and then packed up my pile of clothes and headed to the laundry mat. I found a new place, closer, but just as expensive. When I arrived, the two large washers were in use so I had to wait 25 minutes just to begin. While waiting, I met a couple from Calgary, Canada. They were nice and were in Florence as part of their bus tour around Europe. Although they both said its nice to see everything at once, it has been exhausting for them to be continuously moving and on a strict schedule. I finally got to wash my clothes. I dried them for the suggested time, yet half of the articles were still damp when the dryer ceased. I folded everything, brought it all home, then hung the damp clothes on a line to dry.

After laundry, I made dinner. It wasn't so much as making dinner as it was combining random items. It consisted of pasta, some left over alfredo sauce, and a touch of tomato sauce with various spices. It turned out decent enough. After dinner, I began research for the paper that I'm going to write for Art History. I'm going to compare the 'hell scenes' in various Last Judgement frescoes and sculptures from the Byzantine through the Early Renaissance. It's quite interesting to view these portions of the art because the artist was able to use their own creativity to portray hell since there is limited factual evidence, as obversely apparent with other Biblical scenes.

After living in a room full of tissues and water bottles for the last couple days, I decided it vitally necessary to clean my room. I took a small table from the kitchen and stacked it on a table already in my room to create a shelf like structure. Artistic, eh? Here are the results of my restoration:

bed // elliot desk 'bookshelf'

And so, now that everything is back to normal except my nasal passages, I am going to rest and prepare for the week ahead of me. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The art history paper should prove very interesting. I can't wait to read it.
I hope you feel better very soon.