Friday, September 26, 2008

The 25th Day of Florence

I woke up several times throughout the night, finally getting up at 8:30 am. I suppose because I had gone to bed so early, I was naturally awake 12 hours later. I slept for a while but it didn't seem to help. I woke up with my throat feeling worse than last night. I wanted to take more nyquil but I couldn't because of how drowsy it makes you. I laid in bed for a while, watched the new office, and finally got motivated enough to take a shower. After the shower I had a meatball sandwich for lunch.

puppy!

I went over to Nicki's at 2 to begin planning fall break as well as try to get the trip to Munich for Oktoberfest finally figured out. While there, I got to play with a puppy! It's so nice to be able to hold a dog and it makes me miss mine even more! After a little while we headed to the train station. On the way I saw the fake David statue.

fake david

At the train station, we were quickly informed that the days in which we wanted to take the train were booked. We originally wanted to leave on Thursday night, taking an overnight train, putting us in Munich for all of Friday before taking an overnight train back that night. That way we can use the trains as our hotel and spend the entire day in Munich. However, because the trains were full, we came up with a new plan. We are now going to leave Friday morning at around 9 am, get to Munich at 6 pm on Friday and then spend the night in Munich and spend all of Saturday there. Then we will take an overnight sleeping train back to Florence on Saturday night. I'm super excited about the experience! Although it seems that most hostels/hotels are booked, we are thinking that there may still be some rooms available, especially if people don't show up. But, if there is not, we're prepared to camp out for the full 27 hours in Munich without sleeping.

We left the train station and went to a travel agency. They helped us find the trains we needed and printed out the tickets for the times that I mentioned above. Although I have the Eurail pass I still had to pay 45 euro out of pocket. 25 euro for the sleep cabin on the way home and 20 for the Eurostar tariff. The Eurostar is a train that goes faster than others, bypassing certain stops which in turn costs more. After getting the tickets, we went to SACI, and then parted ways. I came home, getting a pretty bad headache on the walk. I reheated the pasta from last night and relaxed. As I type this, my nose is stuffed up, temples are throbbing, and it hurts to swallow. So, tonight I will take two shots of Nyquil and rest before a very busy day in Pisa tomorrow.

Goodnight!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

crazy man! I hope you feel better soon! Drink lots of water...

It sucks the American economy is about to collapse literally. I bet it's getting more and more expensive to exchange money now, sorry bro :(

Hope you feel better in the morning!

Anonymous said...

Aww, hope you get well soon!
The star accordion is awesome!