Monday, September 8, 2008

and on the seventh day...

After attempting to watch the horrendous vma's last night, I went to lay down. Exhausted, I was asleep within 10 minutes, which has been rare. And.. dun dun dun... I slept the entire night through! My small, mini, doesn't work half the time, little fan finally felt so good. I woke up at 11 am and got ready for class.

I made my first breakfast here, scrambled eggs, toast with ham, and a yogurt. Of course, in order to get the full documentation of breakfast, I snapped a photo. The photo will be placed in the blog once I get my cord. Be prepared!

Turns out I was wrong on which class I had today. Rather than graphic design (which is tomorrow) I had book arts. I was pleasantly surprised by what the course entails. We're going to have to make 10 - 12 composite books, 3-4 personally designed books, and 1 - 2 group books. It should be fun, and I'll be sure to show you each as I make them.

After class, I made a sandwich (again, photographed) with mortadella bologna, cheese, and tomato.

After sandwich, I went to the park to continue reading the book I began last week. I'm nearly finished and its been pretty good so far. A Wolf at the Table for those interested. While at the park, I also enjoyed watching what was happening around me. There was a very unique looking, slightly dirty, dog who was roaming through the park. Also, pigeons made their appearance.

After park, I made my second dinner while in Italy. It was great. It was spaghetti and sauce. Wine. Bread. Milk. Do you think I took a picture?

SPAGHETTI!

Finally, I went to the Survival Italian class offered through SACI. It will consist of 6 classes that help to teach you the basic phrases and vocabulary useful for traveling around Italy. The class was interesting and the teachers were helpful. I feel it will present me with some valuable information; however, it is going to take flash cards (which i've already made) in order to memorize. The hard part is actually trying to memorize them.

Overall, It was a pretty low-key day. I sense that the first week or so of classes will be like this, as they are just an introduction the course.

Goodnight!

3 comments:

[chris] said...

I don't know why but I assumed you could speak Italian lol. I thought the reason you went there was because you were like, 1/4 Italian or something. I dunno how you're surviving to be honest man, I die on holiday in France and I speak French ok lol.
Are your roomates Italian? How many people do you live with?
Enjoyed reading again, and also what is brucshetta (sp?). All Italian food sounds nice haha.
Peace.

Taylor said...

i want to see all your books when you come back!! (well...everything haha) so jealous..

did you get scholarships?

nellifirenze said...

dear james I am really enjoying reading your blog. it's great to see the different way of looking at things..

if you need any info about Florence you can ask :)

best regards

ciao
elena / nelli