Tuesday, September 30, 2008

29

I woke up at 9:45, showered, and left for a video meeting at 10:30 am. We went over the week's schedule, received our taping assignments, and learned how to do log sheets for the videos we do capture. We will watch each video and determine the level of shooting to figure out which footage is good or may need to be re-shot.

The meeting ceased at 12:30 and I went to grab a panini on the way to design class. I got a proscuitto sandwich con fontina. I headed to class. During class, I organized my new syllabus and presented it to Camilla. We went over some things, but I'm excited that I will be able to expand upon the identity that we have to do. I spent the remainder of class working on the icon and logotype. On Thursday, I will begin the layout of the guidelines manual for the identity.

After class, I went home and hooked up the mic. I tried to call home, but the mic was cutting in and out so I had to hang up. I talked to mom for a bit online and then had dinner. Leftover tortellini and some pineapple juice. I read some more of A thousand Splendid Suns and took a nap. I woke up, got a shower so that I don't have to try and take one in the cold of morning tomorrow, and then called Papaw. I filled him in on the trip to Pisa and what I've been up to. I mentioned the new roommate, Pedro, and told him that he is planning on going to Barcelona for a month in November. I think it would be fanstastic to possibly go and visit him for a weekend and get to see the area. It will be nice having Pedro with me as well because, although I know some spanish, It may be difficult to navigate through the city. I also told him about the trip to Munich coming up and also about the books that I've started.

After talking to Papaw, I read a few articles online about what's going on with the U.S. economy. I also checked out the website: www.couchsurfing.com. The search fuction is down but seems like a pretty exciting way to travel through Europe.

Now, before bed, I am going to read some more of the book. I don't have class until 1 tomorrow, so I'm going to enjoy sleeping in! Buona Notte!

2 comments:

Erin Gartz said...

James, can you believe you've been in Italy dang near a month now?! Time sure has flown by huh? Hows the weather treating you? Is it looking like fall yet?" The leaves are almost starting to change colors here, some more than others. The weather just got chilly within the past week. 61 right now, perfect football weather for the Homecoming game this weekend!!! YESSSSSS!

James Martin said...

Time has gone by so quickly, yet, I can remember every day and am thrilled at what I've been through. As I told you earlier, my future plans are even more exciting. I'm making the most of my time here, for sure :D

The weather has been low 70's for the past week and I love it. It doesn't seem to look too fallish yet.

Tell BG I said hello at homecoming :]