Saturday, September 20, 2008

Day 19

I woke up at 9:30 and showered and read the NY times online. After a little while, Vincent came in to say goodbye and then packed up his things to head back to France. It was great to meet him and hopefully our paths will cross again some day. I went out to the kitchen shortly after he left and there was a shopping cart in our kitchen. Inside, a note from Vincent: "I give you a caddie for your next shopping!" I cracked up in laughter. I can just imagine him carrying this heavy cart upstairs, banging the staircase with easy step.

The kitchen was disgusting. I had to do something about it, so I flipped into cleaning mode and made the kitchen spotless. I scrubbed the sauce and grease that had been caked onto the stove top, washed all the dishes that seem to pile up (i wash all of the dishes I use immediately, however some don't have the same courtesy). I also organized the shelves with all of our food and misc. items. I had to scoot the fridge over to make room for our newly acquired bike (which weighs so much, I don't know if it can honestly be used. Also, can you just imagine me walking down the streets of Florence with a shopping cart? Talk about standing out). After cleaning, I made scrambled eggs with melted asiago cheese, biscuits with jelly that was accompanied with a glass of tropical juice. I took pictures of the kitchen, to document a setting which I'm sure will not last longer than 3 days.

organized shelves clean kitchen

After breakfast, I looked up some flight information so I was prepared for when I called Student Universe back. They had my departure flights home beginning at 8:50 am and lasting all the way until 5:30 am (italy time). So if I were to go to the airport at 6:50, I'd be traveling nearly 24 hours in planes/airports for layovers. I finally called Student Universe when I found a flight for the same price, same day, and less time. The representative, Liliana, called United and worked out a better deal for me. Now my flight leaves at 8:50 am but I will get home at 1 am (italy time). Although the day will be long, it won't be as long.

In between dealing with this, I called my grandpa and chatted with him for a while. Because of the whole electric thing, I haven't been able to get in contact with him. I told him about what I've been up to and about the flight thing. After talking to him, I ran to the supermarket to get a few things. These things, which didn't seem like a lot, ended up costing me 31 euro. I was shocked. I went home. On the way in I met the new roommate (the one who took Vincent's room). His name is Pedro and he is from Mexico. We talked briefly, then I put the groceries away, and checked emails. I called mom and talked to her for a while too, we talked about Nice, France and how they have a lot of remarkable things to see. I would definitely like to see this place while I'm here. I hope to see as many places as possible!

1 002

After speaking to her, I made dinner. Chicken and peas. Finally, a break from the pasta. I had a glass of white wine it. After cleaning up, I watched the first two episodes of Entourage, read an article about Bradley Cooper, and then posted this entry.

Now, I intend to catch up on some other tv shows that I'm missing and relax for the rest of the night. Ciao!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

what's the deal with the flight? Where are you going? Love the pics my mom thought they were pretty cool too. Cya!

James Martin said...

that's for the flight home in december

i'm glad you guys enjoyed the pics! tell your mother i said hello!