Tuesday, September 16, 2008

quindici

It was very difficult to motivate myself to get out of bed this morning. I set my alarm for 9:30, although I actually got up at 10:15. I showered, read some forums (some of the most interesting stuff I've read in a while) and then worked on a collage for design class. I finished with the collage at 12:35, and rushed to make a sandwich before the 1 o'clock class began. I wore jeans today because it is still chilly. I love it. I'm so happy that the heat has subsided and I can get full nights of sleep. Trust me, if you were in this room, you'd be thankful too.

During class, we had a guest speaker come in to talk about collage, photo montage, continuity, and discontinuity amongst graphic design. It was interesting to see the different styles and inspired me to start over on my own collage and pursue a different avenue. During class, we were given a break to get a coffee. Espresso was the chosen one and it tasted so good! Once back in class, Camilla kind of introduced the next assignment, which is to design an Identity for San Lorenzo Square. I already have some ideas and am really inspired to begin working on both. During class, I talked to Nicki about going to Oktoberfest this weekend, and we're thinking we can get a small group of people that want to go. It should be a blast and I'm totally pumped for it!

After class, I went to the SACI building to see if I've received my camera cord yet, but still nothing. I also wanted to ask about the trains here, but I was directed to go see a travel agency. I'll do that tomorrow. On the way back to the apartment, I stopped at a little vendor in the market to ask how much the sunglasses were. He told me six euro, I said thanks and began to walk away (because I didn't have any money on me at the time. As I was walking, he yelled, 'five euro!.' I smiled, walked home, and grabbed some money for the supermarket to get more groceries. The last trip lasted me 9 days, which in the long run will save a lot of money. Unfortunately, I figured out my daily budget while here. It is so scary that I don't even want to write it in this entry for hope that by not writing it, it isn't a real figure.

I turned in an application for a 'Carta Record' at ilcentro supermercati (which is like the kroger plus card that I mentioned previously) I bought: yogurt, milk, two cheeses, mortadella, eggs, bread, two pastas, two sauces, 6 big waters (1.5 liters each), juice, two Birra Moretti's, a bottle of wine (Chianti), tomatoes, pears, bananas, and some pepper for 27 euro.

I went back home, talked to some friends online, and started dinner. I made penne rigate pasta with a combo of sauce, basil, and pepper. I had a glass of wine, milk, and some bread with it. Delicious. Vincent came home and our dinners overlapped a bit. He had ravioli. He is traveling to Pisa tomorrow to pick up a friend of his and I may tag along. Its about a 40 minute car ride and should be fun. After dinner, I helped Antonio with some photoshop stuff that he's doing and then called my mom. The power is still out there and they were forced to get rid of a lot of the fridge contents. It's so crazy to think that the hurricane offset the weather enough to do so much damage to Ohio.

It hasn't been a terribly long day, yet I'm looking forward to relaxing for a bit before bed.

Buona Notte! Ciao!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel lucky we have power in maineville. But we had to work at the bank for like 3 hours without computers it sucked really bad. Hope you have fun on your little trip. What kinds cars do the normal people drive over there? Glad it's cooled down! Peace bro.

Heather said...

Hey one thing I want to recommend is that you get up really early one morning and watch the vendors set up in San Lorenzo market. It is totally bizarre because they hide their carts in the strangest places. Plus watching the sunrise over the duomo in that lighting is pretty incredible. Maybe a video / photo opportunity, but certainly could influence your perspective for your design project!