Friday, October 3, 2008

[32] oktober...

These are from the notes that I scribbled in my notebook throughout the journey. Read them. Love them.

___

- Woke up at 6:40 am, showered, gathered last minute things (water, packed the toothbrush) and left for Santa Maria Novella train station.

- Got Eurail pass stamped.

1 020

- Waited for train to Bologna. Boarded at 9:40 am. My first train experience. I loved it. It was nice viewing the landscapes pass me, blurred colors and a smooth ride.

- Got off at Bologna. Ate a proscuitto con provolona sandwich. Sat around for train to Munich. Talked to a girl who is traveling Europe for two months. She told me that Switzerland is super expensive. We talked for a while and finally the train came 25 minutes late.

- Our seats on the train are in their own cabin. There are six seats. 4 of us, 1 other person, and an empty seat. Dana and I both split three seats allowing us to spread out. I finished the novel. It was amazing. On the train, we met a kid from Austria (born in Croatia) named Marco. He invited us to go snowboarding in Innsbruck, Austria. He also told us some german beer that we should try.

1 054

- After seven grueling hours, we arrived in Munich. I was instantly rejuvenated with a new found energy. We walked to the festival. On the way, we met some weird Italians that kept hitting on the girls. There were five of us that went: Dana, Nicki, Hallie, Alonzo and I. The Italians were incredibly drunk but nice. They bought us a round of beers. Beers cost 8,20 euro. Alonzo and I split a cigar. I drank two beers during the 3 hour stay at the festival. On the way out of the tent, Alonzo and I asked our waitress if we could keep our glass. She said yes, but to put them in bag so no one sees. Awesome.

1 077

- Dana got sick after leaving the festival, so we went hotel hunting. The first hotel wanted 190 euro for 1 person. It was crazy. We tried a few othrs and finally came up with a plan.

11:40 pm - Nicki and Hallie went and got a room. Dana had to use the restroom so we went into a nearby restaurante while the girls were inside. They called us and then we snuck into the hotel and went to the room numbers they told us: 353 and 357. We knocked on the doors but no one answered. We tried calling the girls but we couldn't get any reception. We decided that, instead of trying to leave and call, we would camp out.

And so the true adventure began. . .

No comments: