Friday, October 10, 2008

dia thirtia ninia

Yes, I finally got to sleep in. I slept til 10:30, ate some cereal, and got a shower. I read some articles online, checked gallup for the current poll predictions, and headed to SACI.

We had our first interview for the video today with Mary, the president of SACI. I helped set everything up but could only stay for a portion of the interview because I had class at 3. I met Helen and the rest of the class at the Uffizi and, after 30 minutes of waiting in lines, we finally made our entrance to the museum. We saw works of Ghiberti, Duccio, and Bottocelli to name a few. We were there for three and a half hours, and although it can be exhausting hearing so much information, it was still interesting to see the works that I've seen in books. For example, being able to see the Birth of Venus when its full size is incredible.

After class, I walked with Lauren towards our apartments. She broke off at a grocery store and I continued on. For dinner, I made a pizza that I bought at the store the other day. I had a birra and relaxed for a while. I did some research on paris and the must see things while there. I also looked into some design firms in London, and perhaps I'll be able to stop in and check them out.

I talked to a few friends from back home online, and listened to some music. Now, with only six hours between me and the sound of my alarm, I must sleep. Tomorrow is Siena!

Ciao!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Have a great time in Sienna