Saturday, October 4, 2008

[33] ...fest

And so the true adventure began. . .

12:25 am - We went to the top of the staircase and Alonzo, Dana, and I laid down. I was exhausted and was happy that we were inside, opposite the cold of the Munich night.

1:30 am - I was awakened, unfortunately, by the sensation of being wet. Dana had peed her pants and the puddle thought it'd be kind enough to make its way to me. The urine soaked the back pocket of my jeans, near the waist and extended to the back of my knee. The bottom of my sweatshirt also fell victim. After the immediate shock, and the fact that it was disgusting, I changed into a pair of gym shorts.

3:15 am - We slept for what seemed like 2 minutes longer, and i was again awakened. This time by an employee of the hotel staring at me. I instantly jumped up, explaining that we were trying to contact our friends, which I'm sure he didn't care to hear. He was kind, though, and just asked us to leave. As soon as we went through the round doors of the lobby, the bitter cold hit me head one. Now, only in gym shorts and a jacke,t I began shivering. We walked a block over and entered the train station.

3:30 am - To our relief, there were a lot of people sleeping here. We found a decently warm area, inside a locker room. We literally stuck our bags and our upper bodies into the locker. This would prevent anyone from messing with us or trying to take our bags. I heard laughs, a lot of them, because of our position. However, this didn't matter. Their laughs were so minute compared to the sleep that I needed.

1 111

5:00 am - As soon as I got comfortable enough to begin dozing off, the police walked through the locker room, waking everyone since the businesses were opening soon and people would be using the lockers.

5:20 am - Next up, the underground subway. We sat on the benches for a while, trying to sleep sitting up. We finally agreed to lay down on the ground away from the flow of the general traffic, beside the staircase.

7:30 am - We were again awakened by the police, but the reason was due to Dana throwing up over the side of the platform on to the tracks. They asked if we needed an ambulance for her, but we said no. Dana was saying that the reason she was throwing up, she felt, was due to some food she must have eaten.

We then decided to go upstairs in the train station to the Burger King and at least be in an area that wouldn't have more cops waking us up. Dana slept some more, and I brushed my teeth and walked around the train station. It cost 50 cents just to use the restroom, but it felt good to brush my teeth and atleast try to wake up. I bought a couple bracelets in the store.

9:30 am - Alonzo finally got a hold of the girls who got the hotel. It turns out that they had gone to another hotel while we were in the restaurante and when they called, miscommunication led us to the original hotel.

10: am - Alonzo and I went to the hotel and immediately laid down on the bed. We slept until 11:45. I showered, and again put on the gym shorts. We left there at noon.

1 121

We went through the train station, I got some potato wedges, and we tried to find a locker for all of our bags. They were all full. We finally began walking to the festival, which was about a 10 minute walk. We found a table that mostly empty and asked if we could join them. There were three of them, older gentleman, who were also Italian. We had a couple beers there before walking around and then eventually going to another beer tent. At the second beer tent, we ran into some other SACI students. We spent only a few hours here, and then we were off to the train station. As we were leaving, Nicki realized that she didn't have her wallet. We went back, looking for it, but to no avail. We headed for the train, finally boarded, and got to sleep on the couchettes.

No comments: