Thursday, October 16, 2008

the 45th

Today began at 6:45am. I woke up to study a little bit more, you know; the last the minute cram session. I made a bowl of cereal, obviously. I then got dressed and headed to SACI for the first art history exam of the semester. I was nervous.

The exam began at 8:15 am. In part one had 9 slides in which we were asked to list basic information including: artist, title, date, original location, location now, patrons, description, and analytical analysis. Part two consisted of 2 slides, with two pieces of art on each. We were asked to list all the information above as well as compare and contrast between the two works. The third part asked us to write an essay describing how the Romanesque and Gothic periods served as a proto-renaissance for Architecture, Sculpture, and Painting in Florence, Siena,and Pisa. I finished the exam at 11:25.

Next, I went straight home. Threw off my shoes and fell into a comatose-esque power nap that just made me more tired. I had a salami sandwich for lunch and then gathered my things to go to graphic design. We were given a work day and I completed a couple more aspects for my Identity system. I left a little early and headed to Heather's to do one load of laundry. I washed the clothes there, then carried them to a local laundry mat and dried them. They came out damp though, but I folded them anyway. I met a woman at the laundry mat who arranges and plans trips for middle aged women to visit Florence and the surrounding cities. Pretty interesting.

Afterwards, I went home. I did a little bit of planning for my Cinque Terre trip and then made some dinner. I had some tortelini pasta. Later in the evening, Antonio let me borrow his bike to ride to the train station to try and reserve a new seat, because of a train strike that was taking place during our original departure time. They were closed.

I rode the bike home, which was refreshing as the wind bounced off my face. I talked to friends for a little bit then fell into a much needed sleep.

2 comments:

Kevin Woodland said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kevin Woodland said...

i found a bunch of spelling errors in my first post so i deleted it and rewrote it...

damn, Helen's tests are insanely comprehensive. I remember being hung over as hell, trying to stay awake and soak up the information in her class. sounds like you're staying sober most of the time which is awesome. sorry, i haven't been keeping up with the blog lately... i keep telling myself to open it up, but i have a lot of reading to catch up on... but again, it's great you're posting everyday james. you've got the first half of the semester under your belt now. you'll have to let me know about Cinque terra... i never went... hope you're still kicking ass.