Monday, October 6, 2008

treinta y cinco

the alarm seemed to take forever to go off, and then when it finally did, I didn't want to get up. I did, though. I jumped in the shower and froze. The water was hot but the air around me was not, and so turning the actual hot water off to dry took a lot of strength. I got dressed, grabbed a water, and went to SACI.

I arrived to SACI, got the tripod from Libby, got the video camera ready, and went in to Helen's High Renaissance art history class to film. She had the blinds mostly down and so the only option was to film the slides on the screen and record her audio. After filming, I ran to an art supply store to buy book cloth. It cost 5,76, a perfect match for my six euro. On the way, I cut through a street and was surprised to see some kind of demonstration. I saw a lot of Firenze flags and cops, so I snapped a quick photo and left. I went back to SACI and ran into Libby again. Since I spent my money on book cloth, I borrowed 2 euro from Libby and got a ham and cheese sandwich before class.

some kind of demonstration going on during my trip to the art store

Class began at 11 am, and this time I was on the student side of things, listening to Helen speak about Donatello and Ghiberti. It was quite an interesting lecture, and even though I was tired, I was fascinated by it all. Donatello was the man. He is cited as inspiring Michelangelo himself. Donatello also created Florence's first David (and Ironically, Michelangelo created the last, and the most well-known).

After class, I walked towards book arts. I ran into Nicki on the way and mentioned a new Itinerary for fall break. I then headed to class. Today we made the shell for the japanese stitch books that we made last wednesday. I have pictures!

case :] opening.. books sitting in case 5 different colors all five books! red book pages see through covers all the books with case

After book arts, I went home. I was pretty hungry and so I made good old fashioned spaghetti. I mixed two sauces, added some spices, and cut up fresh tomato for the sauce. I drank some pineapple juice with it. After dinner, I did some research for fall break and another trip I want to take to Cinque Terre. It's a beautiful area composed of five towns that all stretch along the Riviera coast.

Now, the plan is to shower, read some of my art history book, and avoid mosquitos at all costs. Ciao!

1 comment:

Erin Gartz said...

I might be in love with with your book arts class and completely jealous. LOL. Everything you make in the class is really cool!