Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The 51st

Today I woke up at 10 am and got ready for the day. I showered, of course, obviously. I did some last minute touch ups to my books for an event that will occur later today. I made a mortadella sandwich for lunch, with mayo and mustard, fresh tomato, pepper, and cheese, and undoubtedly bread.

I got my things together, grabbed some supplies, and headed off to book arts. I began class today at 2, rather than 1, because we just had to go in for an individual critique with Patricia. I showed her all my books and made some suggestions for how I may improve some of them. I really enjoy the class and can't wait to expand into some more techniques.

After the critique, I went to SACI to pick up the camera and ran into Brad. He was also taping at the Design Center so I scheduled to meet with him at 5:15 to switch cameras. I arrived to SACI a bit early and talked to Libby for a bit and checked in on the class that I was supposed to tape. However, they were just sitting around talking, chatting rather, so I felt it unnecessary to waste the tape on it. Since I was at the design center already, I worked some more on my Identity. However, the program kept quitting and I wasn't able to get some of the things I wanted to get done prior to the critique which is going to be tomorrow.

I went back to SACI to film the Film Series that is offered through SACI, in which Italian films are shown to students weekly in the evening. I spoke to the woman presenting the films and she recommended to film the film shown next because it is more discussion based and she was thrown off a little and kind of felt put on the spot. I put the camera away and ran upstairs to meet up with Brad. He is doing a photograph series in which he places wet clay/water mixture onto the faces of people and takes close ups. I was selected as one of the lucky winners. It was actually pretty fun. Afterward, I rinsed off my face in the sink and ran back downstairs to watch the film from the Film Series. The film was 'Down by Law' and it was surprisingly funny. It was mostly in English (which was nice) but the acting was pretty noteworthy as well.

After the film I went home and did some research for fall break. I also ordered Greg's plane tickets to Scotland. It's finally happening!

I went to bed around 1 am.

No comments: