Monday, October 27, 2008

Day 56: London

I woke up at 8 am.

I took the bus to Oxford Street and went inside a giant Borders Bookstore. I looked through the new Eminem book, and thought about buying a couple new novels. I didn't though. Instead I got a couple magazines and went to the Starbucks located in the bookstore. I got a Venti Mocha Cappuccino and looked through the mags. The weather was rainy and cold, so it was relaxing to sit indoors with the coffee.

After leaving the bookstore, I walked to Renior Cinema. I got a ticket for the film Burn After Reading starring Pitt, Clooney, and Malkovich. I was surprised that the film was included as part of the London Pass, so I jumped at the opportunity to see it. It was pretty funny and even hilarious at parts. I also went to see Ben Franklin's house. I got a tour of it and learned that the owner before Franklin was a doctor who had thrown the bodies of his experiments into a pit and buried them. They recently discovered the graves and had some of the bones on exhibit. The tour guide also showed us some of the rooms of his house. Each looked very similar, meaning that they were all square and shape and included a fire place.

My fourth day in London was pretty laid back because I had seen so much in the first three days. I went back to the hostel after Franklin's house and got everything together. I ran to the train station to pick up my Eurostar train ticke to Paris and then talked to Mark, one of the roommates at the hostel. He told me about how he lives in India now and basically spends his days meditating. He was explaining, as best he could, about spirituality and told me some of his own stories. He wasn't preaching about it, though, just merely telling me of his experiences and said that its different for everyone.

I went to sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sir,

Looks like you had a great time.
Cool pictures!