Thursday, October 2, 2008

Thirty One

Today began early. I woke up at 7:40, surprisingly energized. I got ready, gathered my things, and headed to art history. I met Heather and Libby outside of SACI, and was informed that I missed a meeting yesterday. I felt awful about the fact that I missed it, and upset at myself for being so careless.

I sat through the art history lecture, which started off fine, yet became increasingly difficult as the time went on. Towards the end of the two hour class, my stomach became to growl and it seemed that the clock was going slower than it should have. Class dismissed at 10:30 and I went home, had a bowl of cereal, and read before my one o'clock class. I went to design, and worked on my identity and some of the corresponding parts of the regulations manual.

logos, although the colors are off

At 4, I traveled back to the apartment, excited to try a new sauce that I found for dinner. It was a pesto that combined ricotta and almonds. It didn't taste as I imagined, and so with the help of spices, tomato sauce, milk, and cheese, I finally created something that I thought tasted decent enough. After dinner, I again read. I've become so encompassed in this book. I'm 365 pages deep since Monday and have experienced one of the most prolific books I may have ever read.

Francesca came over this evening as well. She came to collect rent, but also to drop off the receipts that I requested. Although I sent her the amount she wanted for the first month's rent and security deposit back in June, she claims that she didn't get 40 euro of it. This is so because, I imagine, she was charged some kind of international tax or fee for receiving a wire transfer. So now, she expects me to pay this amount, when I've already paid once the amount she wanted. It's ridiculous and I tried to explain my point, many many times. Not only did I have to pay a fee to wire the money, but now she expects me to pay a fee that SHE was charged.

I talked to a few friends and family about my weekend plans. I leave tomorrow for Munich and will spend 2 nights away from Florence. I'm so excited about the trip and am even more thrilled to be able to travel to a country that, a year ago, would have been make believe. I look forward to telling you guys all about the trip when I return. It is now 12:21 am, and after getting some things together, I will sleep until 7 am. I will shower, get dressed, and then begin my Oktoberfest Journey.

Ciao and Auf Wiedersehen

3 comments:

Erin Gartz said...

I am super excited to hear about Oktoberfest!!!!

Kevin Woodland said...

Glad you're taking the initiative to cook so much... something I rarely did... well, i cooked three or four different things, over and over and over... which was fine with me as long as the beer was flowing, flowing, flowing...

Anonymous said...

Hope you're having a good time in Munich!