Wednesday, November 12, 2008

7 2

I set the alarm for 8 am. Hit snooze 6 times and finally crawled out of bed. I showered, got dressed and headed to Heather's to pick up the camera and tripod. I then took bus 33 to the Fresco studio. I got some nice process shots there, as well as some more classroom shots with different students. I only shot for about an hour before taking bus 23 back to Santa Maria Novella. I grabbed a tea from the cafe and headed to SACI for a video meeting. We discussed future plans for shooting and shot some ideas at each other.

Next up: book arts. I finished my coptic stitch and got my paper for the group book we've been working on in which we will all exchange editions of our stamps with each other so that in the end we each have a copy of the book.

I went back to my apartment after class and relaxed for about an hour and talked to my mom online. I then went back to SACI to do some research for my art history paper. I began reading The Inferno by Dante and it is extremely interesting so far. We follow the pilgram on his journey through Hell and Dante breaks down the various levels of it. A lot of artists based their hell scenes on the descriptions that were given by Dante in part one of his Divine Comedy. I printed out the review slides for the final art history exam and then headed downstairs to tape Film Night. However, Tina wasn't there tonight so instead I watched the film without getting the equipment out. We watched Stealing Beauty and it wasn't the most exciting film I've ever seen. The acting was mediocre, except for Jeremy Irons who is a gifted actor. It dragged on forever too, but maybe my agitation was due to my cold more so than the actual movie itself.

After the movie, I rode my bike (oh, I must mention that Pedro let me have his bike since he is leaving in a few days to go to Barcelona) back to the apartment. I made some crepes (awesome) and then got ready to head to the Jazz Club.

The Jazz Club was amazing. There was someone playing guitar, bass, drums, and eventually a flute and piano. A woman, who had an amazing voice, sang a few songs too. I left there around quarter after 1 am and headed back on bike, in the rain, to my apartment. I was pretty hungry so I made a little spaghetti, drank some Vitamin C tea, and am now laying in bed with my eyes beginning to get extremely heavy!

Goodnight!!

No comments: