Wednesday, November 19, 2008

[79]

I was supposed to film the fresco class this morning but it was canceled so I got to sleep in until about 11 am. It was delightful to finally catch up on sleep. I woke up and showered and did the usual routine. I headed to book arts at 1 and worked on a new book. I had a terrible headache though and ended up going home at about 3:30. I sat on the bed and seemed to have drifted off into a deep sleep. I woke up at 4:30 and it was pitch black in my room. I looked at the clock and saw the 4:30 and honestly thought it was 4:30 am and that I had slept all evening. I then realized that I was supposed to be at SACI at 4 so I panicked and rushed off towards school.

A side note/thought: I've become so overwhelmed with everything lately. There has been so much that I've had to deal with. It's tough to balance it all and it has caused me to overlook some of the things on my schedule (as you will see with tomorrow's post..nice foreshadowing, right?). I have my studio classes and final projects that I've been working on, a lot of taping recently at times that I'm not used to which has seemed to have distracted me from the things that I should be used to. Not to mention art history taking over my life with the final exam and ten page research paper that I'm sure no matter how amazing I feel it is, will never impress Helen who is quick to point out mistakes. I'm traveling a lot too and only have a few weeks left before I leave the people I've come to grow pretty close to. It's tough and I'm trying to balance it all. I've never been so scattered before. I need to just take a deep breath.

The rest of the crew was finishing up an interview when I arrived. Soon after, Heather had to leave so I did the last interview with a post-bac student named Nicole. I went upstairs afterwards and got the bibliography ideas for my research paper topic. I re-printed the slides for the final exam and then headed back downstairs. I went to tape the film night but only 3 students showed up. I talked to Tina (the teacher who shows the films) and she recommended that I come to her class and tape that. It's just so very tough to have to go to and spend entire class periods for classes I'm not enrolled in. It's fascinating, don't get me wrong, but it's as if I need more time than is allotted for my days to actually flow properly. I watched the film though. It was called the Ignorant Fairies. It was actually a pretty decent movie.

After the film, I rode the bike home and called Papaw. I told him about Venice and what I've been up to, how I've been overwhelmed, and what my future plans are. It was nice to talk to him. I also got to talk to mom and Greg online for a bit which was good. I also rearranged my room and inflated a blow up couch that Pedro had left behind. I was excited about that. I then went to sleep.

No comments: