Saturday, November 1, 2008

sixty first day

I woke up at 7:15 and was shocked to see that everyone was still sleeping (our train was schedule to arrive to Florence at 7:30). The French father told me that the train had been delayed two hours. I went back to sleep and then woke up at around 8:45. I got my shoes on and put my book back in my backpack. I spent the next 30 minutes or so with a real sense of happiness as we approached Florence. The sun shining through the window and the wind was hitting my face (warm wind too, not the cold air that I had been used to the past 8 days). We arrived to the Campo di Marte station and I had to wait a few minutes to catch a train to the Santa Maria Novella station. I remember walked through the train station and was just overcome at how amazing the past 8 days had been. I had actually experienced something that seemed so far fetched a year ago.

I got back to my apartment, showered, and wrote a couple of the entries for the blog that I wasn't able to post during my week of travels. I went to the supermarket and bought some groceries for the next couple weeks. I made some spaghetti for dinner.

The rest of the day was spent relaxing. I talked to friends and family and told them a little bit about my trip. I called Papaw to let him know that I had made it home safely and filled him in on all of the cool things that I did and saw. I went to bed at around 11:30 and had a truly relaxing night's sleep.

No comments: