Thursday, November 6, 2008

dia sixty five

I set my alarm for 5:50 am so that I could see the election results. Obama won!

I went back to sleep until about 11 am. I woke up, showered and had breakfast. I read some articles about election night and viewed McCain and Obama's speeches. I went to class.

In book arts we learned how to do a new type of book. We use screws to bind it all together which is perfect because it allows me to still be able to show the progress of my final book while still being able to add to it once I get home. Since the book is converting this blog into a physical form, I want to include the journey home as well. The book will be submitted to the teachers 2 weeks before my journey has actually concluded so this is the perfect solution. 

After class, I went to il Plastico, a plastic store (believe it or not), to pick up some screws for the book then went home to make dinner. I had pasta with tuna, onion, tomatoes, spices, and mayonnaise. I spent the rest of the day flipping between sketching ideas for the book and emails. I relaxed for a bit and then attempted to sketch a self portrait. It didn't go as well as I wanted it to, so now I have to master the sketch to prove to myself that I still got the knack for drawing. 

I went to bed at 12:30 am. 

No comments: