Friday, November 7, 2008

the sixty seventh

I woke up at 7:30 am. I heard someone shuffling around so I had to jump up and claim the shower before them! I got ready, grabbed the video camera and tripod and headed for the bus stop. I took bus number 8 to the Orsini stop (about ten minutes) and walked through some streets until I came upon 23-r (the address of the fresco shop). I met with Mario the instructor and then spent three hours learning about the fresco technique and filming the students at various stages in the process.

I left at 12:30 and took a random bus that I found that took me to Santa Maria Novella (the train station). I walked to SACI and returned the tripod. I then walked home and had lunch. I did laundry and then headed back towards SACI. I spent a few hours logging some tapes. I left SACI at 7 and headed back home again. I made pasta (go figure) for dinner. I then retreated to my room where I put away the clean laundry and straighted up my room. I packed my backpack with an extra outfit because I'm leaving tomorrow morning at 6 am to travel to 5 towns around Italy before returning Sunday at 9 pm.

After those tasks were completed, I spent about an hour researching things to do and see in Barcelona (this is a foreshadowing).

Now, It's 11:30 pm already and I must try and get some sleep before the busy 2 days ahead of me. Goodnight!

No comments: