Tuesday, November 25, 2008

e i g h t y - f i v e

I woke up at 9 and showered. I went to SACI at 10:30 am and then headed to the design center at around 11:30. I worked on my design stuff for a while. I took a break at 2:30 and ran back to my apartment for lunch. I had some of the leftover pasta that I made last night. Still delicious. I went back to the design center and continued working. I had my iPod hooked up to iTunes so when the class left at 4, I was rocking out. I ended up staying at the design center until 7 because I was so focused and in the zone. I loved it.

I ran over to SACI to grab the video equipment in order to tape the 2D exhibition in the SACI gallery. I helped Libby with setting up the food and then got some pretty good shots of people checking out the art within the gallery. However, It seemed that when the food ran out about 20 minutes after the gallery opened, people seemed to vanish through the cracks. I was surprised at how quickly the gallery emptied.

I hung around for a while talks to some friends. I then grabbed my backpack, camera, tripod, and bike and made yet another adventurous ride home with all 4 items (luckily it wasn't raining this time). I got home and tried to make some rice for dinner. Needless to say, my first time attempting such a feat failed miserable. After recuperaing from such a letdown, I got ready for the Jazz Club.

I love the Jazz Club. The fact that so many SACI students come together as well as the fact that we had 4 SACI students, who otherwise would be in different parts of the U.S. if it weren't for this school, all unite and play some incredible music, is riveting. They played two songs and were asked to play another. They weren't sure what to play so they decided to freestyle the entire thing. The music they created was so good. Alonzo freestyled some lyrics and Carl had a really nice solo on the drums. Brandon and Jeff both rocked their bass and guitar respectively.

At about 1:30 am, I felt it necessary to head home and get some rest. And I did.

No comments: